I was making brownies the other day and I got halfway through the recipe before realising I had no cacao powder. I did, however, have cacao nibs, so I made a few hasty adjustments and came out with Accidental Blondies – brownies that aren’t brown, but in this case have chocolate flavour from the nibs and dark choc chips. These guys are gluten free squares of fluff packed with healthy fats and no refined sugar.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (break up a slab of 70% dark chocolate if you can’t find chips)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift coconut flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk peanut butter, honey, eggs and milk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until just combined. Stir through cacao nibs and choc chips.
- Spoon into a lined or greased cake/brownie dish and bake in oven for 25 mins, until just cooked.
Tip: to turn these into brownies, add 1/3 cup cacao and ditch the choc chips. Or you could make them extra decadent and add those too!